“We knew that if we couldn’t show donors that HPP was working,
Aspire Schools: Lionel Wilson College Prep in Oakland scored 77 points higher than the state average on California’s Academic Performance Index, despite 90% of its students receiving a free or reduced-price lunch.
Bayview Child Health Center: Before BCHC opened in 2007, there were only 1.2 full-time pediatricians serving 10,000 children. Since inception, BCHC has provided more than 5,000 visits to children in the Bayview District.
Fresh Lifelines for Youth: Seven of 10 youth released from the California State Youth Correctional Facilities recidivate within two years. Only 11% of youth who participate in FLY’s Leadership Training return to probation.
Guardian Scholars: Nationally, only 2% of former foster youth earn a bachelor’s degree. By comparison, 62% of the Guardian Scholars at San Francisco State University have received BAs, and the other 38% are on track to graduate.
Homeless Prenatal Program: Of 486 families who came to HPP last year in need of a permanent and safe place to live, 95% of them continue to live in their new homes nine months later.
KIPP Bay Area Schools: KIPP Heartwood Academy 8th graders outperform the district average by at least 20 percentage points on standardized tests measuring English, math and science skills.
Next Step Learning Center: Next Step Learning Center helped 23 students receive their GED this year, a milestone that should earn them $150,000 more over their lifetimes than those without a GED or high school diploma.
Ravenswood Family Health Center: Before Ravenswood Family Health Center opened its dental clinic in East Palo Alto, there was only one dentist for every 82,000 individuals. In its first two months of operation, Ravenswood provided nearly 500 dental exams.
SingleStop Bay Area: In the first quarter of 2010 alone, SingleStop returned $11.4 million in public benefits and tax credits to low-income individuals and families in the Bay Area.
Year Up: After six years of community college, 62% of low-income students have nothing tangible to show for their studies. At Year Up, 88% of students earn a Certificate in Fundamentals of Technical Support from City College of San Francisco within twelve months.